Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, December 17, 2010

22 weeks

Our little poppy has officially blossomed into a gymnast! Its kicks & punches are very noticeable now. Every night when we go to bed Tom puts his hand on my tummy and gets to feel the baby doing its kick kick pow! I look forward to our time together each night when we get to share that moment, its so special & fun for him to get to feel the baby moving.
 
I had a regular check up Wednesday and got to hear the baby's heartbeat again, I love that whoosh whoosh whoosh noise, its so fast! I've gained a total of 10 lbs and am right on track. Here's a little update on the baby's growth for this week:
 
*approximately 11 inches & one whole pound!! about the size of a small doll - awwww my beeb's growing up!
* baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn - lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are much more distinct
* tiny tooth buds are developing beneath his gums
* eyes have formed but the irises don't have color yet
* pancreas is steadily developing
* baby can hear voices, my heartbeat, my gurgling stomach & the whooshing sound of blood circulating thru my body - WEIRD & WAAAY trippy!
* will start reaching for his/her face or whatever it can reach to experiment with newfound send of touch
 
So many changes happening, each week the baby just gets bigger & bigger and so does my stomach hahaha! I already feel giganto & eating is hard sometimes. I'll be soooo hungry but then after eating I feel ridiculously stuffed! Between the baby & food, I don't know how much more room I've got in there, it's going to be a tight fit!  
 
We're super excited for Christmas next week & spending extra time together. We wish you all a safe & blessed & happy holiday. 
 
We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment