Lilypie Maternity tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Monday, March 7, 2011

Fat cheeks, braxtons & lamaze!

Well we had our last & final ultrasound on Friday so the next time we get to see our little beeb will be live and in person!! His little face is so pudgy & adorable, he has the fattest little cheeks & lips. I can't wait to kiss them! At the ultrasound they said according to his measurements, he weighs about 5.2 lbs. They're guess-timating that he'll be about 9 lbs, I'm hoping not too much bigger though! Things look good with my fibroid tumors, they're all out of the way and shouldn't cause any complications, no need for a C-section. YAY! We're still doing Lamaze & have about 3 weeks left. We learned a couple breathing techniques last week & Tom got to give me a massage while we practiced breathing - AWESOME! It made me so tired though...I mean hello?! Eyes closed, massage & deep breathing...ni'nite! I had to give Tom a hand & arm massage and man I suck. Thank God Tom's not the one that will be going into labor, I'd be worthless.
About a week or so ago I started having Braxton Hicks (we call them Toni Braxton's though). I wasn't sure what I was feeling at first, if it was the baby doing something uncomfortable or what. I didn't have them when I was preggers with Jake so I had nothing to compare it to. After Lamaze & our teacher explaining exactly what they feel like I realized that's what had been happening - my uterus tightening at the top and gradually spreading down. Tom got to feel my stomach while I was having one, it gets rock hard! They're kind of uncomfortable, not necessarily painful but just uncomfortable crampiness. I guess it's all just good practice for the real thing to come!           
 
Tom's gone in NY this week, boohoo. Tomorrow's his birthday so make sure to send him some extra love! Jake's Middle School registration is this week - totally exciting! My boy is growing up - awwwwwww!  And I only have 18 more days until I'm on maternity leave HOLLAAAA!!
 
Dr appt on Wednesday, more updates to come!
 
Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment